InfoPFtec is an external modulus of InfoPFT software, usually installed on the computer linked to equipment measuring pulmonary function. It is used to convert files exported from PFT equipment software to a common text (*.pft) format. For that purpose, files must be exported in a format readable by the program. As this format differs between equipment, there are specific instructions for configuring exportation (see below). InfoPFtec allows data to be sent from the working terminal in the lab to the central computer, regardless of whether the equipment is the same or not. Furthermore, technicians can send to the doctor responsible for interpretation comments about the reliability of tests, cooperation, etc… Generally, reports are not produced on the lab computer, but at a workstation in a local network, or an office computer that will receive exchange files in a portable memory device (a pen drive for example).
Together with numeric and demographic files, a picture of Maximal Flow Volume Curve has to be obtained. In the pen drive containing the program, there is a free screen capture program (SRip32) for this purpose. Keep SRip32 open and minimized during functional exploration; when you finally obtain satisfactory MEFV curves click on the SRip32 icon and choose “rectangular window capture”, select your image and save it in *.jpg format in the appropriate folder (see configuration). MEFV curves with tidal flow-volume loops are strongly recommended, as in the following figures. This procedure improves the information obtained fron the curve alone.
In figure A three curves are ploted together, reproducibility can be assessed. In figure B pre (black) and post (green) bronco-dilator curves are overimposed to assess the effects of BD, only best curves have been selected.
1 CONFIGURATION OF INFOPFTEC
Setup Menu Item allows InfoPFtec to be configured to state the following items:
• Data source: If you have more than one equipment with different export formats, this function allows you to select the right equipment from a list. If InfoPFtec has been configured for your specific equipment, it will be the only one on the list.
• Input/Output: This Menu Item is used to set up the addresses for input (data and figures) and output (PFT text file). Four messages appear
- The first message shows the driver where the InfoPFRv02 folder and Setup file are located (you don’t need to change it).
- Second, address of files exported by the exploration device (C:\Data) without backslash at the end
- Third: address where captured pictures have been saved, usually the same folder where PFT files will be saved (corresponding to the exchange folder). In most centers this folder is identified by the driver in local network and daily data (Z:\2013_04_26), in this way you can build a time structured database with no extra effort.
- Fourth: address where exchange files (*.PDF) will be saved (exchange folder).
• Language: A check box appears showing the different languages available. When checked, all labels are automatically translated to the selected language. A greater selection will be available if more languages are requested (at present English, French, Catalan and Spanish are the available languages).
2 USING INFOPFTEC
When the program has been configured you can open a file from menu “File > Open File” and exported demographic data will appear in the boxes at the top right-hand section of the form; numeric data appear in the tables. A saved figure is shown in a square space below demographics. You can modify or complete both demographic (including data and ID) and numerical data.
Below the MEFV curve, a space is reserved for relevant observations to be transmitted to the doctor who will take them into account when producing the report. These observations must be written in a single line. The most usual events are selectable from a list below the space reserved for comments, only one event can be selected, if more than one event is present (patient in bed and abdominal pain for instance), select the most relevant of them and describe the other one in the comments. The automatic report will only take into account the selected event. Figure 2 shows the screen at this moment:
By clicking the [ACCEPT] button, information will be saved in a text labelled (ID).pft file (ID is the same identification as in the text case).
If you would like to verify that all data has been properly saved, open WordPad from the File Menu “File > Open Word Pad”, then open the (ID).pft file you want to check. The file will have the following structure: